(TTS) meets the needs of organizations that have adopted, or
are moving towards, a
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) training strategy, that is, those who have placed
responsibilities in the hands of in-house Subject Matter
Working with TTS' program and materials, C/RS will ensure that our
clients' content experts, most of whom have little experience
delivering training, will be able to create effective Web-Based
DIY as a Response to Budget
As anyone active in the training industry knows, when corporations
search for personnel and budget cuts, the training department is
usually the first place they look. The current economic difficulties
are no exception: according to Bersin, training expenditures have been
slashed a whopping 21% over the two-year period 2007 - 2009. What does
this mean for corporate learning and development
in the United States?
- Training budgets are generally shrinking.
- Internal resources are overextended.
- The new trend is DIY training development.
- SMEs have been asked to take up the slack.
- Training quality and efficiency has declined.
Embracing DIY as a Solution
As training budgets and resources are evaporating, Do-It-Yourself
(homegrown) training is often taking up the slack. However,
Do-It-Yourselfers often create content and learning experiences of
dubious quality. What’s a L&D leader to so? Budgets for
outsourced development may eventually rebound but the ability to hire
in additional internal training staff is likely to be years
away. DIY is here to stay.
TTS believes the way forward is
embrace DIY training development and
focus on increasing the training department’s productivity.
It is possible to “do more with less” through the targeted application
of process, skills, critical knowledge and technology:
- Provide SMEs the expertise and guidance they need to
create effective training.
- Create Web-Based Training (WBT) via a templated,
- Extend training department productivity.
Take Control of Your Content
provided a unique and cost-effective method that enables SMEs
content experts to create and present effective training on their own.
In an integrated and easy-to–use, integrated package, they have created
everything an inexperienced
SME or training designer needs:
- Simplified, collaborative authoring environment for
- Pre-templated screens and course flows
- SME Training Developer Start-up Package
- Simplified Training Development Process™ designed
to help SMEs create effective training
- Start-up Seminar on instructional design
- How to use the authoring environment
- Project-specific support package
- Project-specific coaching from experienced
design professionals to provide your SMEs step-by-step guidance and
“hand-holding”, as they create courseware
- Access to our comprehensive TTS Toolkit for
- Project support services as needed (graphic
C/RS has partnered with TTS to
deliver the benefits of their package to our client's organizations.
Click here for more